Last updated July 4, 2019.
Thank you for using BeautifyData. Our mission is to simplify the analysis of all available data with the use of simple interactive visualizations. To do that, we show you presonalized services and ads that we think will be relevant based on the information we collect from you and third parties.
When we mention "BeautifyData", "we", "us" or "our", we are referring to the company that owns and operates BeautifyData, Beautify Data LLC.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us here.
How We Collect InformationIn order to offer BeautifyData Services, we collect, store, and analyze basic information about how people interact with our website and other products. We also engage in agreements with third party partners who help us to provide our services, analyze our data, and deliver a customized and high-quality user experience. Therefore, we and our third party partners may collect and store personal information about you when you use BeautifyData Services. This information can come from information you provide to us, technical information that is shared with us, and third party information that is shared with us. We describe each of them below.
Information You Provide To UsWhen you use the BeautifyData services, you may provide information to us voluntarily. This information includes:
- Feedback on Content: The feedback you provide to us on the content on the Website is to help us improve our services. We require you to provide us with your name and email address. This information is to help us learn more about our users, and to help us get in touch with you later to resolve any concerns you may have.
- Surveys: We may collect and store personal information if you choose to participate in voluntary internet based surveys that help us learn more about our users. These survey results are generally not shared externally, but if they are, the results will be in an aggregate or anonymized form.
- Others: We may also collect other forms of personally identifiable information such as your name and email address when you contact us, or at other points on our Website where personally identifiable information is needed for authentication.
Technical Information That We CollectWhen you use the BeautifyData Services, we automatically collect certain information when you visit, or navigate the website. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. This information include:
- Log Data: When you use the BeautifyData services, we record information which may include your IP address, searches, browser type and settings, how you used BeautifyData, Device daa, and Cookie data.
- Device Data: In addition to log data, we collect information about the device on which you’re using the BeautifyData Services, including the type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Information Collected From Third Party SourcesWe may also obtain information about you and your activity outside BeautifyData from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources. For example, online advertisers or third parties may share information with us to measure or improve the performance of ads on the BeautifyData Services. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser's site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third party service, which we might use to improve the ads we show to you.
How We Use The InformationWe use the information we collect to provide and improve the BeautifyData Services to you. The purposes for which we use your information include:
- Understand our users: We may use use your personal information to understand the preferences of users, usage patterns, pain points, and the interests of users to help us improve our services and user experiences.
- To Protect the rights of BeautifyData: We may use your personal information as we believe is necessary to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy and safety of BeautifyData Services, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law. We may also use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Deliver Targeted Advertising: We may use your personal information to deliver targeted ads, promotions, and offers to you, on behalf of ourselves and advertisers, on and off the BeautifyData Services.
- Recommend Relevant Content: We may use your personal information to suggest related data visualizations or pages on our website that may match your interests.
- Provide Customer Support: We may use your personal information such as your email to respond to messages that we receive and to troubleshoot issues that arise on the website.
- Other Business Purposes: We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
How We Share Your InformationAs part of providing BeautifyData Services to you, we may share information with third parties, which can include:
- Advertisers: We may partner with third party advertisers to provide a customized ad experience on the website that is relevant to your individual interests. In order to identify and deliver personalized advertising, we may share certain information with these partners. Likewise, our third party advertising partners may rely on information collected using Cookies on your browser to deliver relevant ad content when you visit the website.
- Business Partners: We may share information with other third party companies and individuals that we work with to process information on our behalf. For example, we may share data with security consultants to help us better identify spam. Some information we acquire may be collected by third parties on our behalf.
- Other Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with BeautifyData Services; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program.
We may use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you use BeautifyData Services. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to BeautifyData and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use Log data, Cookie data, and device data to collect this information. Other companies' use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
Third parties may be able to associate the information they collect with other information they have about you from other sources. We do not necessarily have access to or control over the Cookies they use, but you may be able to opt out of some of their practices by visiting the following links: Network Advertising Initiative, and Digital Advertising Alliance.
Please note that opting out does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you. Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as demographic data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising. You may be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings, as described in the section on managing Cookies above.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. Children under 13 years are not allowed to use BeautifyData Services. BeautifyData is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13.
By using the services of BeautifyData, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of BeautifyData.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from a child without parental consent, please contact us here. If you are based in the European Economic Area, you may only use BeautifyData Services if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We have also implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we receive.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of the website.
Controls for do-not-track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Therefore, like many websites and online services, we do not alter their practices when we receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
California Residents Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Updates to this Policy
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy please contact us here or by mail at: